Restorative Practices puts repairing harm done to relationships and people over and above the need for assigning blame and dispensing punishment.
Key values create an ethos of:
- accountability and taking responsibility
- commitment to relationships
- being non-judgemental
- empowerment and emotional literacy
Key skills include:
- active listening
- facilitating dialogue and problem solving
- listening to and expressing emotions
- empowering others to take ownership of problems
The base of this pyramid is reflective of the importance placed on positive classroom relationships and sound pedagogy. Engagement with learning is the key educational outcome.