The Health Centre (HC) is a multidisciplinary primary care facility that provides access to comprehensive primary medical, social and mental health services, as well as health promotion, education and prevention services for students who might otherwise have limited or no access to health care.
** Students: if you are unwell at school, go to the Health Centre. The nurse will contact your parents/caregivers, if required, to arrange for you to leave school. Do not contact your parents/caregivers yourself.
** Parents/caregivers: if you are contacted to pick up your child, please go to the Health Centre to sign them out of school.
Our service is private and confidential. There are three exceptions to this:
If you are harming yourself
If someone is harming you or
If you are currently or intend to, harm someone else.
In this situation we would discuss with you the need to involve a third person.
The Health Centre runs Monday to Friday - beginning P1 to end P5 (or by appointment) - with an open door policy, and provides the following services to students and staff:
- First aid
- Sexual health
- Minor emergency referrals
- Management of chronic conditions – diabetes, asthma
- Sports injuries
- Health promotion and prevention
- Alcohol & substance abuse
- Weight management
- Physical and emotional support/counselling referral
- Injury prevention
- Suicide prevention/counselling referral
- Classroom programmes
- Training staff in first aid CPR
- Monitoring EOTC first aid supplies
- Health Promotion and education
- Physiotherapy - by appointment only for ACC related injuries
- Resource information
Kirsty Coleman: is our Receptionist and may be the first person you meet when you arrive at the Centre. You may make appointments through Kirsty to see the Registered Nurse, the Physiotherapist or any visiting specialists.
Briar Walker and Philippa Stubbins: are the Registered Nurses working at the Health Centre.
The Health Centre also:
- hosts the visiting Asthma Nurse on a monthly basis for support and review of your asthma. (Appointment required)
- has a visiting physiotherapist available between 9am and 1.30pm for ACC related injuries. (Appointment required)