In Zone Enrolment Meetings for Year 9 2021

All enrolment applications are processed at our In Zone Enrolment Meetings.


In Zone Enrolment Meetings Will be Held On:


Thursday 23 July from 4:00pm - 6:00pm

Wednesday 29 July from 4:00pm - 6:00pm


All new students to Howick College must attend an enrolment meeting with a senior staff member of the college. This is an opportunity for the student and family to have face to face contact with the college to answer any questions and ensure the transition into Howick College is as smooth as possible. A legal parent or guardian must accompany students to the enrolment meeting.



You will need to bring the following proof of address and photo identification along with all the forms required:


Proof of Identity and Guardianship

New Zealand-born students must include a copy of either their Birth Certificate or their Passport in with their enrolment forms (staff will not be able to photocopy). Students born outside New Zealand must provide a copy of their parent’s Passport and their own Passport. If a visa is required this must be up to date. If there are any custodial arrangements with court orders or intervention by Oranga Tamariki a copy of appropriate documentation needs to be provided. The primary caregiver must be the natural parent or legal guardian.


In-Zone Students Eligibility

Students who, on the first day of attendance, are living permanently within the Howick College zone boundaries and who meet the criteria for a State-funded education are entitled to attend Howick College.

The zone boundaries are defined HERE with a list of streets and the zone map or a copy picked up from the School's Reception Office.

The primary caregiver must be the natural parent or legal guardian. Where the child is living with relatives who are not the natural parent then the caregiver must provide evidence of legal guardianship. With regard to complex custody arrangements, the Board reserves the right to consider guardianship verification on a case by case basis.


All In-Zone families must produce evidence of living permanently with the zone of Howick College through the following:

  • All In-Zone families who own their home must produce (1) a sale and purchase agreement or council rates; AND (2) a recent electricity invoice.
  • All In-Zone families who are renting must produce the following as verification of living in-zone (1) a fixed term rental agreement of a council approved rateable dwelling, that is valid during the period of the first day the student commences school; AND (2) a recent electricity invoice or verification from an electrical supplier; AND (3) a bond lodgement receipt from the Department of Building & Housing.
  • Where families are unable to verify their ‘In-Zone’ residence at time of enrolment then we may consider - A Statutory Declaration, verifying that information provided in the official enrolment form is true. This declaration is made under the conditions of the Oaths and Declarations Act 1957, and must be accompanied by a utility account (i.e. fixed phone homeline and/or internet) or a copy of the Post Office mail re-direction receipt, along with a copy of the “Final Reading” electricity account of their previous address. Documents must show exact name/address.