Dean of MacDonald House - Ms S Petkovic - Sonja.Petkovic@howick.school.nz
Assistant Dean - MrsJ MacCallum - Jolene.MacCallum@howick.school.nz
House Leaders for 2017 - Elias Worrall-Bader and Dominique Nagel.
MacDonald House is one of the four original Houses established when Howick College was opened in 1974. MacDonald House is named after Captain Alexander MacDonald who arrived in Auckland in October 1847 aboard the Sir Robert Sale which left Cork in July 1847. Alexander was a captain in the New Zealand Fencibles and was voted into the position of Warden of Howick. He died in 1856, though his house (Keppoch Lodge) and the Washington palm (now 23 metres tall) which he planted still survives.
House colours: red and white
House mascot: Mario
House Charity: Ronald McDonald House
Students have donated over $20,000 to Ronald McDonald House and every year also collect over 500 food items for donation to the charity.
Fundrasing events include mufti days, a Talent Quest competition and Friendship day.
Photos of various House events can be viewed here.